This article focuses on the aspects of industrial cleaning that consider very important. Today, you need to keep all your industrial machines and applications in perfect condition to maximize production capacity and reduce accidents due to poor maintenance. To keep your equipment and machines clean, traditional cleaning methods such as sandblasting, solvents, and high-pressure water jetting are used. But all of these methods are a thing of the past, as modern, fast-paced companies need faster, more efficient ways to keep their equipment clean. A revolutionary new cleaning process called dry ice blasting uses carbon dioxide (dry ice) pellets. It is primarily used in a variety of applications to reduce downtime and waste generation.
What is dry ice blasting?
This is a process in which dry ice particles are propelled to supersonic speeds to impact and therefore break up debris on the surface. As with other blasting systems, these particles are accelerated by compressed air. The micro-thermal impact (caused by the dry ice temperature of -79º C), the kinetic energy of the dry ice particles, and the air pressure break the bond between the coating and the substrate. It ejects the coating from the inside out and the airflow removes it from the surface. Industry can utilize the CO2 blasting method through equipment that fires pellets through a gun. It is known as transient sublimation. Dry ice sublimates (evaporates) upon impact. When dry ice impinges on the surface being cleaned, it gives off ambient heat, causing the dirt particles to separate from the contaminated area, thus cleaning the surface. Compared to some traditional methods, dry ice blasting is very beneficial.
Advantages of dry ice blasting
Equipment can be cleaned in place; dry method; can be cleaned while equipment is hot, no downtime required
– No additional contaminants; dry ice sublimates when it touches the target surface, so only the removed contaminants need to be cleaned.
– Significantly reduced labor – typically done in half the time or less.
– No equipment damage; preventive maintenance is very realistic as man-hours are significantly reduced.
– Standard safety precautions; dry – safety around electrical equipment
– Minimal – dry ice costs.
Disadvantages of dry ice blasting
Some of the problems faced by conventional cleaning systems are listed below.
– Disassembly/reassembly; required drying time.
– Solvents become secondary contaminants and must be disposed of.
– Powerful hand washing; long cleaning and subsequent cleaning can be long.
– Poor to average results.
– Grit scuffing; grit contamination; equipment movement in and out of cleaning area
– Health and environmental threats from solvents; water-based cleaning can be hazardous to electrical equipment.
– Cleaning agents become additional hazardous waste; expensive solvents; require additional labor and personal protective equipment.
- Historical Restoration
- Mold Restoration
- Contract Cleaning
- Fire Restoration
- Power Generation
- Food & Beverage
- General Maintenance
Shuliy company is a professional dry ice machine manufacturer and supplier. Our products cover a full range of dry ice equipment, including dry ice blasting machine, dry ice granular machine, dry ice block machine, dry ice making machine, dry ice briquetting machine, etc. All our machines enjoy high quality and fast delivery. If you are looking for a reliable dry ice machine, welcome to contact us for more useful details.